If your tooth has a cavity or is cracked, damaged, or decayed, Dr. Brandon Burger may recommend a dental filling to improve the function and appearance of your smile. At Brandon Burger, DDS, we are pleased to offer composite (tooth-colored) fillings. Composite fillings are made from a mixture of fine glass and plastic, and are shaped to match your smile’s tone and color. If a composite dental filling is right for you, our dentist will:
- Provide the appropriate anesthetics to ensure your comfort
- Carefully remove the decayed or damaged portion of the tooth
- Gently clean the remaining tooth structure
- Fill your tooth with composite resin – during this portion of the process, our team will carefully apply the filling one layer at a time, leaving each layer enough time to dry
- Smooth, polish, and shape the filling to match your smile’s appearance and to provide the most natural look possible
Our team is devoted to helping you achieve and maintain a healthy smile that lasts a lifetime. Typically, dental fillings last for at least a decade, but they frequently last longer. If you are interested in the benefits of a composite dental filling in Hermitage, Tennessee, we invite you to contact us today. We are eager to help you gain the comfortable, healthy smile you deserve.