When a tooth is significantly damaged or decayed, a dental filling may not be enough to effectively restore the tooth. In these cases, our dentist may recommend a restoration called a dental crown. Sometimes referred to as a cap, a dental crown entirely covers the tooth starting at the gums. This restores the tooth to its optimal shape, size, and strength. While crowns can be made from a variety of materials, including gold and porcelain fused to metal, all-porcelain crowns are popular because they can be matched to your natural tooth color. Each dental crown in Hermitage, Tennessee, is custom designed and created to fit your smile effectively, comfortably, and aesthetically.
Crowns are very versatile and can be used for a number of restorative and cosmetic purposes. Dr. Brandon Burger may recommend this restoration to:
- Cover and complete a dental implant
- Enhance the appearance of a severely stained or darkened tooth
- Restore a seriously decayed or damaged tooth
- Protect a tooth following root canal treatment
- Strengthen a tooth that is fractured or otherwise weakened
- Improve the appearance and function of a misshapen tooth
- Attach a dental bridge
- Support a large dental filling if little natural tooth structure remains
If you think a dental crown might be right for restoring your smile, we invite you to contact us today at Brandon Burger, DDS and schedule your consultation with our team. We look forward to improving your smile!