Can you improve your oral health by enhancing your flossing skills? Dental floss is an enormously important part of your oral health care daily regimen, as it cleans the areas between teeth that brushing cannot reach. If for any reason your flossing habits are inadequate and cannot be revised, try switching to an alternative interdental cleaner such as a water flosser. For a list of optimum tips and procedures for flossing, see the list below:
– The best smiles are the cleanest ones. To ensure your mouth is always clean, floss your teeth every day for at least 2-3 minutes per session.
– Shoot for a piece of thread that is about 18 inches in length to ensure you will have enough thread to clean with a new section between each tooth.
– Look for single filament thread, as it is shred resistant and will last through a full session of flossing correctly and effectively.
– The best floss products are those that are recommended by your dentist or have been given the ADA Seal of Acceptance for safety and effectiveness.
– Never use the same piece of thread for more than one flossing session.
Damaged teeth can be treated with the help of our licensed professionals at Brandon Burger, DDS. To book an appointment with Dr. Brandon Burger at our dentist office in Hermitage, Tennessee, please contact us at 615-889-8202. Don’t let a broken smile hold you back any longer. Restore your smile with our help today!